The flickr REST API used by flickrtouchr is very well documented at http://www.flickr.com/services/api/. Initially I thought I'd just add some code to Flickrtouchr to make some additional API calls. But as part of a playing around with the script I wound up changing it beyond recognition. In the end I created a new script called flickrsync - flickr-sync - it has the following functionality (all new features unless noted):
- Uses authentication/authorisation/signed-messages to interact with the flickr API using REST (from flickrtouchr).
- Download all images and favorites (from flickrtouchr).
- Download videos and determine video type from http response header.
- Download recent updates only - n days or since last update. This allows the script to update a previous download rather than grabbing everything all over again.
- Download specific sets only (specified by flickr numeric ID).
- Download photo and comment metadata (default, but optional).
- Download set and collections metadata.
- Optionally use copy instead of UNIX links for images that appear in more than one set (flickrtouchr always used UNIX links). Automatically uses copy on non-UNIX systems.
- Optionally download favourites (this was non-optional in flicktouchr).
I've recently had some time to tidy up my scripts and I've now made them available at https://github.com/digitaltrails/FlickrSync. The README.md file contains full usage details and an example.